To expedite your check-in process, we need to receive your registration forms prior to your procedure date. You can complete your Pre-Registration forms via our link to One Medical Passport.
A Pre-Op Nurse will call you the day before your surgery to collect information about your health and inform of your check-in time. The nurse will also review special instructions and answer any questions you may have. If you have not received a call by 4 p.m. the day before your surgery or have additional questions please call us at 972-632-3800.
It is important for you to follow these guidelines before surgery to prevent delay or cancellations:
Food and Drink- Do not eat, drink, or chew anything after midnight the night before your surgery unless you are instructed differently on your pre-op call.
Alcohol – Do not drink alcohol for at least 12 hours before your arrival.
Smoking – No smoking after midnight the night before your surgery.
Please remove – All these items before surgery. Makeup, Nail Polish, Jewelry and (including body jewelry).
Clothing – Wear loose, casual, comfortable clothing to fit over dressings.
Valuables – Please leave valuables at home.
Notify The Center & Your Surgeon If:
- You have an elevated temperature, cough, cold, vomiting or diarrhea between your last visit to the surgeon and the day of your surgery.
- You suspect you may be pregnant.
- You are taking: diet pills, aspirin, ibuprofen, or certain herbal medicines. You may need to stop taking these 1-2 weeks before your surgery. You can discuss this with your surgeon.
Stonebridge Surgery Center is able to perform outpatient surgery on patients with a known Latex Allergies. If you have ever been diagnosed by a physician or had any reaction to a product containing Latex please fill out the attached questionnaire and fax the completed form to the surgery center or your surgeon’s office as soon as possible. There are necessary arrangements that have to be made prior to your surgery in order to provide the safest environment possible during your procedure.
What You Need The Day Of The Surgery:
- Information To Bring– Insurance cards, photo ID, Medicare or Medical Assistance information, numbers and addresses.
- Driver – You must plan to have someone drive you home. Do not plan to use taxis or other public transportation.
- Escort– A friend, relative or dedicated caregiver MUST stay with you for 24 hours.
- Legal Guardian– A legal guardian must be in the center AT ALL TIMES for children and dependent adults.
- Care For Children– If you have young children at home for whom you normally care for, plan for someone else to care for them for at least the first 24 hours following your surgery.
- Interpreter– If the patient cannot read, speak English or uses sign language, an interpreter is required. If you need assistance arranging for an interpreter, please contact the Surgery Center as soon as possible.