Although you will receive an estimated facility fee cost, actual costs of the surgery may vary and will depend on the final procedure codes your physician will actually perform on the day the surgery occurs.
There are a number of separate charges associated with your surgical procedure. You MAY receive charges from several companies.
- Stonebridge Surgery Center for your facility fee.
- Physician – for performing your procedure.
- Anesthesia – they will bill via insurance. Typically we use APEX Anesthesia.
- Pathology – services for tissue specimens removed during surgery requiring further examination. Not all procedures require pathology. Typically we use ProPath or LabCorp.
Please contact your insurance company directly if you experience any delays. YOU are responsible for guaranteeing payment on your account and being aware of your individual policy restrictions and benefits.
Your insurance company, including Worker’s Compensation and personal injury, is legally responsible to you. Our relationship is with you, our patient, not your insurance company. Consequently, all charges incurred are your responsibility. The obligation to assure payment in a timely manner lies with you regardless of what your insurance company chooses to do. You should normally receive a response from your insurance company within 30 days of your date of service. If you experience a delay, it is expected that you contact your insurance company to check the status of your claim and to expedite payment. Please call our office at 972-632-3800 if you encounter a problem with your insurance company and need our assistance.
Stonebridge Surgery Center’s policy is to turn over to an attorney or collection agency all accounts which are delinquent. You will be responsible for any collection fees that are incurred.
The Stonebridge Surgery Center WILL BILL AS FOLLOWS:
We accept assignment of benefits.
Your copay amount is due on or before your date of service. We will submit your bill directly to your private insurance company. A bill will be sent to your secondary insurance upon receipt of payment or denial from your primary insurance. If you have no secondary insurance, a bill will be sent to you for any balance after receipt of payment or denial from your insurance company. We must make a copy of each insurance card at the time of registration.
You will be contacted prior to your surgery with an estimated procedure cost for your surgery. Payment is due on or before the date of your surgery.
NOTICE TO PATIENTS
Stonebridge Surgery Center is committed to meeting or exceeding our customers’ (patients/families/visitors) expectations of care and services. Effective resolution of complaints/grievances and concerns is a key factor in achieving customer satisfaction. Customers’ complaints/grievances are opportunities for improvement and should receive respectful, prompt, and efficient attention. Customer satisfaction is everyone’s responsibility, and customers’ concerns and complaints/grievances may require different resolution processes.
However, prompt and effective resolution is the goal for resolving customers’ issues, regardless of whether it is a minor concern or a serious complaint.
All customers are encouraged to report any and all concerns or complaints/grievances to any SCA Health employee for resolution, as each teammate is empowered to resolve issues and complaint/grievances within his/her authority or professional expertise.
A customer may file a concern or complaint/grievance for any reason. The process to do that is as follows:
- Notify any Stonebridge Surgery Center staff member that you have a concern or complaint/grievance
- All efforts will be made to resolve concerns or complaints/grievances on the same day notified
- Concerns or complaints/grievances that cannot be immediately resolved to the customer’s satisfaction will result in the review and investigation of the complaint/grievance within a reasonable time frame initiated by the center administrator
- The center’s administrator or designee will provide the customer with a verbal progress report within 3 business days of receipt of the complaint/grievance and maintain ongoing communication until the point of resolution, not to exceed 30 days
- Once the investigation is completed, the Administrator will communicate in writing to the customer or legal representative, when necessary, the findings and determination regarding the complaint/grievance in understandable terms, including written notice of its decision, name of center’s contact person, steps taken on behalf of the customer to investigate the complaint/grievance, the results of the complaint/grievance process and date of completion, and information on how to contact the State Agency for any issues the customer feels is unresolved
- Customers may contact the State Agency directly regardless of whether he/she has first initiated the center’s complaint/grievance process
IMPORTANT CONTACT INFORMATION
Your primary Surgery center contact
for filing a complaint/grievance is:
Stonebridge Surgery Center
8855 Synergy Drive
McKinney, TX 75070
To contact the State Agency directly:
TEXAS DEPARTMENT OF STATE
Health Facility Licensure/Cert. Division
1100 West 49th Street Austin, TX 78756
To file a complaint of discrimination:
Office for Civil Rights